Flooding poses a concern for many homeowners.
We understand that clients rely on our members for their expertise and access to information. And that agents and brokers sometimes encounter listings, in certain areas, that need more information about property flooding.
Currently, you have access to some flood information via Realist. However, we are aware that it’s only informational and not an official determination. So, MARIS has gone a step further and partnered with MyFloodStatus to give you access to certified flood determinations and a team of certified floodplain managers - connecting you with more information and resources, when you need it.
“We know that regionally, there are many listings within special flood hazard areas. And that our members would benefit from having access to a more robust flood reporting solution,”
said Tim Dain, president and CEO of MARIS.
What we like about MyFloodStatus:
- It’s a product with a clear and simple solution for a common industry need.
- Each certified flood determination is backed by $2M of E&O insurance.
- Access to the Flood Resource Center, staffed by highly trained certified floodplain managers and GIS specialist.
- Outside of the flood determination report, MyFloodStatus offers additional services for Elevation Certification Guidance and Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) application services.
- A flood determination report is only $30.00 per property!
Even if your listing is not within a special flood hazard area, talk with your clients about the benefits of flood insurance.