As the leaves start to fall, many hunters take to the fields and forests to harvest animals within the various hunting seasons.
The MARIS marketplace is extremely diverse. As a part of serving rural areas, we understand the cultural significance of hunting and the role it plays in the lives of many. We recognize the desire many hunters, as clients, have when it comes to marketing their property with a similar frame. It's pretty simple – properties with hunting characteristics can attract buyers with a similar interest.
Knowing that many of our members serve clients who want to market their properties to highlight hunting attributes – we’ve made it easy for you to know what is ‘fair game’ when it comes to including images of harvested animals.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when advertising or searching for properties with hunting characteristics.
Tips for featuring photos of harvested game:
- Photos of game harvested on the property, must be appropriate and suitable for a wide audience.
- Photos should be cropped to exclude people and inappropriate aspects of the harvested game.
- We encourage photo descriptions to connect the relevance of the photo to the property.
*Please review MARIS guidelines for more detailed information regarding images of harvested animals.
Tips for entering and searching for listings with hunting characteristics:
- Search: *hunting* in marketing remarks.
- Listing Input for Acreage & Farms: Under Description/Possible Use please utilize the Hunting/Fishing checkbox.
- Listing Input for Acreage & Farms: Under Description/Sale Includes use please utilize the Hunting Lease or Hunting Rights checkbox.
As always, please feel free to contact us with any additional questions. We are always happy to help!